The Melt Down


copyright(c) 2019 Daneille Gray Snowden
2019





Have you ever been to a recycle plant for metals? The old metal is brought in on a dirty conveyor belt, dumped into bins and melted down to a liquid metal all ready to be poured into a new mold; all for a new purpose.
NOTE; the word new!

Well, today was my 'melt-down!' I wasn't planning it for sure!
God and I had a wonderful time in His Word and Presence. Yet, when I chatted with my amazing Language Teacher (who is a true lady of God)...I melted. 
And God used her to share simple yet profound wisdom.
She said first; we must SURRENDER our ALL.
Second: ACCEPT where God has taken us to. 
Even when it's HARD-HARD-HARD! 
Accepting that I do not know how to speak this language yet, or understand all that is said to me. 
Accept that I cannot share a Bible study with someone, or listen to someone who wants to tell me their life story. 
Accept, this is where I am right now. I am not going to be here forever; but now I am! [Brad & I to be more specific.]
---
LANGUAGE BUMPS TO GET UP AND OVER
The art of pronouncing the 'i' as a long e -- and get that nasal twang a-working, and asking God to cause my tongue to be able to ROLL THOSE 'R's! 
Lessons did wind up being much better today.
I noticed I have to look away from the word to be able to pronounce it correctly, for I have always been a phonetic reader. 
[Surrendering my phonetics...for now. Maybe!]
HERE IS A CLIP OF TODAY'S LESSON: 


CULTURE: Today's thoughts; listen and listen some more. African's here are good listeners, very patient and in no hurry to rush on the conversation.
Unlike me and my western culture; we talk fast and listen faster. Ha; it's true. With the way the language [Portuguese] is written the entire sentences most of the time need to be completed to get the total understanding of what is being said. 
NOW
Pretty exhausted today, being MELTED down is hard work. 


Comments

Post a Comment