'To Speak With the Tongue of the Learned'


copyright(c) 2019 Daneille Gray Snowden
2019

It's been a bit since I have posted about my learning (the language), attempts (speaking it), and blunders. 
I am learning...I constantly attempt - and constantly do blunder.
I am GOOD with that; is it something I enjoy? 
Ha - NO!
But, I like clean clothes...do I enjoy doing laundry; NO! 
I like being 'fit'...do I enjoy exercise; to be honest; NO! 
Yet, this is definitely a MUST to achieve my LONG TERM GOAL...learning Portuguese and sharing encouragement to others from the Lord.  

It is coming along. I use the analogy the 'TIM CONWAY SHUFFLE' .... If ya wanna a laugh watch this absolutely hilarious sketch and you will understand me.  CLICK:  TIM CONWAY SHUFFLE

We decided to increase our lesson times. To see if it will help us OLD FOLKS. We coupled together, acclimating to a brand new culture -learning the metric system, driving in places without any road maps or signs cars on both sides of the streets (well everywhere), new way of business transactions, medical issues, foods, new relationships and responsibilities on top of trying to hear the spoken word and how it's pronounced.
The girls pick up the pronunciations quickly; but not us. 

All to say; God has given me a promise word to pray each day. 
Isaiah 50:4 My daughter Felecia wrote this out for me.
'...that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word...' 

This indeed is my objective. I feel loss; as for now I am not able to do so. 
Yes, my presence is nice and my prayers are the best I can offer.
Yet, my heart is to pour into those who are in need of God's Word. Why? (porque) 
Because God's Word is alive, it adds to and changes lives! 

We have been here almost 5 months and all together have had 3.4 months worth of lessons. Thus, I 'get-it' - the time it takes to learn.
I also know I am 53 and my husband is 55 years old. We have been preaching God's Word for over 31 years and to not be able to: is miserable!

Well, that's my heart.
Pray we find an interpreter for us to preach. Pray this scripture for us and if you are learning too...pray it for yourself too.

God bless!
~Daneille

Comments

  1. What a great verse/promise to hold onto. And, Felecia wrote it out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment